Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Learning From Others' Mistakes

The weather is so so cold today, so I'm watching two great movies again! The last few weeks I've been riding my bike and going for two walks every day with the girls.  I did so much cause I knew the time of great weather would be short.  But now it's cold again.  So it's time to relax more. :)

Both movies have a main actor that had a tragic flaw, so to speak.  In "The Pursuit of Happyness" the character got too greedy with a desire to make it big and get rick I think and so lost his wife.  He probably should have gotten a job at Walmart so they wouldn't have been homeless for a time. But in the end it worked out for them.  So that's good. 

And then one of my top 5 favorite movies, "28 Days" with Sandra Bullock.  Her flaw is that she copes with stress with excessive alcohol. :( It's a geat movie!  Check it out if you haven't seen it. I've seen it about 12 times and pledged long ago that I would learn from her mistakes in the movie. 

I could have gone that route, of loving a substance too much to cope with the pain of life, but praise God, God made me wiser.  And I lean on God in hard times rather than a substance. :)  And thanks to movies like these too I learned what not to do.  :)

May God bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment