Friday, July 5, 2013

FREEDOM

You make me leap from tree to tree
 
So that no one can catch me
 
You make me soar above the rooftops
 
You send me flying all over the sky
 
 
You make me weightless, careless, totally free
 
Unencumbered, unhindered, like a bubble on the wind
 
 
I soar above the problems, above the calamities, above the chaos
 
I gain new heights like an eagle, where no one can touch me
 
No one can bring me down when I'm flying this high, with you
 
 
You give me wind and I climb higher
 
Up and up so that I'm closer to you
 
Flying above the mountain, into the heavens, to where you are
 
 
I see you in all your radiance, the light of your face is almost blinding
 
You are HUGE, magnanimous, totally glorious and holy
 
I have never seen anything LIKE you, you take my breath away
 
I fall at your feet as though dead
 
I am so overwhelmed by your presence
 
 
You lift me up and hold me in your huge arms
 
I feel safe, I feel cared for, I feel so incredibly loved, like I have never felt before
 
You hold me close to your chest and rock me like a mother rocks her child
 
You tell me that you are watching over me, you are protecting me
 
 
And everything seems to be alright at last
 
I have found the safety I have always been looking for, always wanted
 
I feel totally accepted, totally loved, totally adored
 
 
But you set me down and tell me my time on earth is not done yet
 
I still have to tell more people your good news
 
I have to be a light and shine for you
 
 
Sadly I leave your presence and fly back down to earth
 
Back to the war zone, back to the chaos and the fighting
 
Back to the darkness and the pain
 
 
But I know I will see you again someday
 
I know I will be with you forever, resting in your huge arms
 
I will laugh with you and talk with you beside a clear steam
 
With a cool breeze blowing over us that makes my skin tingle
 
 
We will tell jokes someday together, you and I
 
And you will hold me in your arms and never have to let me go again
 
And we will eat the most amazing fruit I will have ever tasted
 
And go on the most amazing rides all over heaven
 
 
You will thrill me and amaze me
 
And you will be my forever best friend
 
 
But I can wait
 
I can stay here and keep telling people how much you love them
 
I will do whatever you want me to do
 
But I am so excited to be with you forever
 
 
I love you more than words can say daddy, best friend, lover, my God
 
 
 
(This poem was partly inspired by dreams I've had and we saw Man of Steel yesterday, the new Superman movie.  It has always been my biggest dream to fly like he can. :)  And I know someday I will fly forever :)

No comments:

Post a Comment