Sunday, August 23, 2015

On Lack of Passion in Worship

 
I love Dr. Charles Stanleys' preaching, but man the worship in his church is so stagnant! It's so sad I think. You look at the choir and the congregation and the fire just seems to be out with everyone. Today they were singing "In Christ Alone" and I'm like "raise your hands people!" Lol That song has some amazing lyrics but they were singing it just like they would any secular song. The words didn't seem to mean anything at all to them! It broke my heart. lol :( I guess when it comes to worship I am much more on the Pentecostal side, cause I'm all for hand raising in worship. I'm all for pouring your heart out in worship and really connecting with God and falling in love with Him all over again. I think worship is supposed to be passionate! I do think you are supposed to FEEL something in worship. You won't every time, but if you never do, I would say question how much you really love God. I have heard before, that we are with God like we are with people. So if we lack any passion in our human relationships, we will also lack any passion in our relationship with God. So sad. :( May the people of America and the world have a fire lit under them and may they fall passionately in love with God again! I heard in a sermon once that the same way we feel about someone we love, thinking about them all the time, that's how we should be with God. We ARE the bride of Christ. We should love God more than we love any being alive. Amen. God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment