Tuesday, June 21, 2016

How to Make Jesus Purses

If you are visiting my blog because you got one of the purses I made then Hello!  and welcome to my blog!  I have tons of writing on here on almost every Christian topic imaginable (lol) that I've written on over the last 4 years.  I also have lots of self -published books on Amazon.com that you can find by searching "Lisa Bedrick books" on there.  But everything in those books is here on my blog; it's just a matter of finding it. :)  Or you can read most of each of my books for free on Amazon with the "look inside" feature.  There are about 15 mini 70 page books on various topics that I published a couple years ago. 

And about my purses that I started making about a month ago, I was thinking of the book and movie Charlotte's Web earlier and how that's totally me! lol Except I write my words or phrases on purses and spell them in bracelets instead of a web, but I hope they are words that will inspire and encourage people too yay!  Feel free to use some phrases that I thought of if you feel inspired to make Jesus bracelets or purses as well! 

My ultimate dream is to fill the city of Austin, TX with Jesus purses!  And maybe even to start a huge movement, like the movie "Pay it Forward," of women and girls all over the U.S. making and wearing Jesus purses!  And maybe we can turn this country around and save the U.S.A. for Jesus again!  Missions trips are great, and I have been on several, but if you think about it, no other country has some of the problems that we do here in the U.S.  We need to get this country back on the straight and narrow path that it used to be!  And I'm hoping my Jesus purses and bracelets will help with that. :)  Also I like to put a Bible tract in the purses, along with a bracelet and necklace that I make with cross charms, and candy like tootsie rolls. :)  "A spoon full of sugar makes the medicine go down."  The medicine being, if you aren't saved already and believe in Jesus, you need to be. :)  So you can go to heaven and so you can live a more virtuous and happy life, which will make things better for you and everyone around you.  Amen.

The Jesus purses would be a great craft for mothers and daughters to do together as well!  It would be a great and fun bonding experience, no matter how old your daughters are!  And it's always fun to express your inner artist.  Everyone has an inner artist I think. :)  And anyone can make these purses! 

And lastly, the best thing about the purses is that anyone who wears them would be a great and bold witness for Christ everywhere they go!  Praise God!  The best and most bold phrase to put on them I think is "Jesus is Lord."  If nothing else, they will make people think. 

I heard once that everyone who gets saved is like it takes several turns in a light bulb, and I loved that analogy.  One event or word or thing may not save them, or make them want to follow God, but several things might.  All we can do is plant seeds.  These purses could be one seed that leads to people getting saved.  The purses could also spark some great and life changing conversations about God in check out lines or anywhere people go, which would be great! 

Here are some pics of my artwork so far.














If any of you are interested in making Jesus purses too here's how I make them: I use hemming glue tape or double sided tape on the purse straps and the base to fold the material around the purse lining. 

First cut the outside cute material out into a rectangle.  Then cut a lining material out about an inch shorter on all sides.  Fold the fabric around the lining material and secure it with glue or tape or hemming glue tape.

 For the inside lining good materials are a black out curtain, a bed skirt, canvas or vinyl material.

For the straps double fold the fabric over itself so that there is a crease that can't fray.  And secure it with double sided tape or hemming glue tape.  It's hard to explain without showing it but I'll make a video soon.


Then I use a glue gun to glue the two sides together and attach the straps. And the purse is completely secure and durable.  It may not be washable, depending on if you use hemming tape or double sided tape, but it's strong enough to hold many things! 

For painting the phrases on, get a plastic letter stencil and cut out each individual letter. Then lay out the phrase before you paint it.  It's hard to not get paint on the purse outside of the letters.  The trick is to wipe your fingers off a lot if you get paint on them. 

Here are the best and most encouraging phrases for my purses that I thought of, inspired by the Bible:  :)

Overcomer
Forgiven
Loved
Saved
God's Angel
Shine For Jesus
I love Jesus
God Loves Me
God's Princess
Joyful Giver
Freedom in Jesus
God's Temple
God's Child
Salt and Light
Wonderfully Made
Healed
Redeemed
Have Faith
Stay Hopeful
Grace and Peace
Patient
God is Faithful

God bless!




No comments:

Post a Comment