Thursday, June 30, 2016

Self-Confidence Boosting


My main goal with my purses and bracelets is that I want to help people feel better about themselves and have more self esteem and more self confidence, because I think that is what is missing most in our culture. Depression is now an epidemic and low self esteem is probably worse than it's ever been. So many times in my life with various friends I have stressed the importance of positive self talk. We should never say to ourselves "I'm dumb" etc. You are a wonderful creation of Christ! You are never dumb. So I hope these purses and bracelets will help with things like that. Maybe every time a person reads "forgiven" or "God's angel" their confidence will be boosted just a little bit more. God calls us to be BOLD witnesses for Christ, but how can we be bold witnesses if we don't have any confidence? We have Christ, God, living inside us as Christians! Most of us don't stop to think about how amazing that really is and what that says about us now and what we are capable of! A favorite verse of mine has always been Romans 8:11, "If the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you." God's Spirit is in us! Praise Jesus! And any power that can raise someone from the dead is a very amazing power indeed! If you really think about it. :)

One summer I was on a leadership team with my college choir and we were planning the camp that we would have that year. We were trying to come up with a theme and I said, "How about super heroes? Because with the Holy Spirit living inside of us we are all like super heroes." And that really IS how we should all see ourselves. We are ALL Superman or Spiderman etc. as Christians. We all have super human powers essentially. We can all pray for the sick to be healed or cast our demons. Not that I have helped to heal anyone in prayer, but I know it's possible. I do think I inadvertently cast out a demon once, but I wrote about that before in my blog. :)

So overall people, and Christians especially, need to have more self-confidence. Because with just a bit of confidence, the sky is the limit! If you believe in yourself, and believe in Christ in you, you can do anything.! "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Amen? Amen. Like Neo jumping across roof tops in the Matrix, we need to believe in ourselves , and Christ in us, THAT much. That is what faith is. It's believing we really can do anything with God's power. If God wanted us to jump across rooftops he could help us do that. Most likely there would need to be a reason like running from something. But the point is, with God we really can do anything. We just have to believe. Amen.

(Also making the purses and bracelets and clothing boosts my own self-confidence just knowing I can do things like that.  So if you need a great self-confidence booster, try making bracelets or purses or clothes!  And anything you don't know how to do you can always look it up on youtube. :)

May God bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment