Saturday, December 17, 2016

On Prayer and God

"Let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven." Mt. 5:16

I had a great day yesterday!  I ate a salad for lunch, which is a rare thing for me, read three chapters in the Bible, went for three walks and then prayed 4 hours last night.  Of course the praying for 4 hours was only because I couldn't sleep.  :)

I used to hear of people praying 4 hours and thought that would be so hard, but when we are connected to the vine of Jesus things like that just come naturally, just like a tree naturally growing fruit.  It doesn't strain to produce fruit, it just does, if it gets enough water and sunlight.  Praying a long time is as natural as if you were to call your mom or best friend and talk for 4 hours. 

I had this vision or image while I was praying of the world, like you might see in a movie, and then God sees a chat window come up over a state and maybe he says, "Woohoo a live one!  Someone wants to chat with me at 3am!"  lol

We always think of God as being austere and anti-social, but he must have wanted a ton of people to talk to him since he created billions of people.  And if there are other planets then trillions and trillions of people.  So he must really enjoy talking to us and want to talk to us. :)

Although I realized last night, I suppose most of the world never talks to God.  Very sad.  Either because they don't have time or they are talking to the wrong God. :(

But I think God gets excited when we talk to him.  He is our father and we are his children.  I love it when my two girls are awake and I can hang out with them, and when they are sleeping I am sad and miss them.  Maybe it's the same with God.  Maybe when we don't talk to him much he is sad.  We are made in his image, so things that we feel maybe God feels. 

So go talk to God.  When you can't sleep or anytime.  Tell him all about your day and things you are worried about etc.  Ask him for things. 

"If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!" Mt. 7:11

May God bless you all!



No comments:

Post a Comment