Friday, June 26, 2020

My First Store

I will be opening up my own Christian fashion and clothing store soon.  I'm so excited!  It will be on the busiest street on the city next to my small town.  I found a very affordable rent space.  It will be awesome!  I have about 60 shirts that I have painted on or did iron on letters on and about 60 bracelets.  I have been making my Christian bracelets for the past 6 years.  I have been somewhat obsessed with making them actually lol.  I have just given them away for free for 6 years but just a few weeks ago there were some on my table and I had the casual thought, "I wish I could actually sell those."  Then I started hunting all over my town and the next city for open office space.  And I found the perfect home away from home place for me!  I can't wait to set up my shop this weekend!  I got so much cute stuff for it like a cute pink rug and American flag decor for the front window.  It's going to look so great!  I have it all visualized how it will look.  I plan to process payments with the Square app on my phone.  They keep 7% of every dollar with that.  But that's ok. :)

I thought about painting on shirts again to have something else to sell besides my bracelets.  And then I saw those flameless candles at Walmart.  So I'm putting small letter stickers on them with phrases like "Be a Light" or "Angels are Here."  They look Super cute! :) I also decorated some picture frames to sell.  I might paint chairs also and sell chairs that have crosses on them.  How cool would that be? :) There are endless things that I can make and sell really. 

About 5 years ago I was actually into sewing dresses.  I was making matching mother daughter dresses and had a ton of fun with that.  I loved picking out new fabrics on Amazon. My favorite was a matching mother daughter set with zebra fabric. I also made matching shirts for me and my two girls from an awesome Hawaiian fabric.  It was super fun!

I was even making purses back then.  I tried about 10 different ways to make purses; glue guns and iron glue tape and then sewing them.  That was tons of fun.  I might do that again too. :)

Mainly I plan to do custom T-shirts.  I will ask whoever comes in, "What is your dream shirt?  What would your dream shirt say?"  Or something like that. :) Or "What word do you want on a bracelet?"  And I could make a shirt or bracelet exactly how they want it.  And then if they want matching family shirts I would just ask what color and the sizes.  My store will be a block away from Walmart so that will be convenient for getting shirts. :)  It's a good thing I Love walking around Walmart because I will probably be there a lot. lol.

So pray for me please, that good people will come in my store.  Please pray I will sell a lot every day I'm open and that it will be fun.  I plan to be open every day but Sunday from about 2 to 10pm. 

And if you have a dream of doing something, just do it, as Nike says. :)  Don't think about it too much.  Just make it happen.  You will be glad you did.  :)

May God bless you!



No comments:

Post a Comment