Saturday, May 6, 2023

Self Protection

 I am super good at forgetting about certain people in order to protect myself. It all started with my big brother. He was a somewhat bad influence on me growing up, so I had to forget about him for about 5 years while he decided to be wild. 

Then I had to let my dad go. He was verbally abusive my entire life. At age 20 I was ready to say goodbye to him forever. I have not seen him or talked to him since then. The last people I had to let go of were my daughters. It was to protect myself from my crazy ex. Why did I let him keep them? It was more that I let his mom have them because she was kind of obsessed with them. Then I let go of my step dad, because he turned out to be a con artist. 

The only family member I plan to never ever abandon is my mom. She will always mean the world to me. I hope someday I will get to take care of her. For now she is sadly trapped in the cage of my step dad. 

Another adopted family member that I could never let go of is my best friend Ashley. She has been like my sister for a long time. She has helped me get through every tough season in my life. I have leaned on her in every hard time in my life. Thank you Ashley for your friendship and advice. :)

And now I have the sweetest man ever who I hope to never let go of. You are so great Zach! Thank you for being so awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment