Thursday, July 16, 2015

On Balance



The show "Hoarders" on Lifetime really got me thinking.  I have noticed that some people have no problem buying themselves tons of stuff and feeding themselves tons of food and then there are others of us who have a very hard time buying anything for ourselves and starve ourselves too much.  I was always on the starving myself and hating to buy things for myself side until recently.  But of course being in the middle and balanced is best.  :)  The reason for this is that all people tend toward either legalism or license; the law or total abandoned freedom.  I was raised very much under the law in regards to what I ate, wore etc.  But I'm finally loosening up a bit and being less ascetic which I think is good.  Don't starve yourself; learn to enjoy food, but don't enjoy food too much.  "Do not love the world or anything in the world."  Take care of yourself but don't indulge yourself either.  Set limits on yourself.  Say no to yourself, but don't always, always say no to yourself.  Allow yourself to enjoy life a little.  I think the reason some people become so legalistic and enjoy nothing is because they are worried of getting caught up in it all and being overly indulged in the pleasures of life.  But there is a way to enjoy life but still remain balanced.  For example, have a scope of ice cream every day but not a whole bowl of ice cream.  Buy one new shirt when you go to the store but not like ten.  Whenever you get something new, give something that you already had away.  Balance is always so, so key in life. Amen.   May God bless you all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment