Sunday, March 22, 2020

Life is Sad

There are a lot of things I could be sad about right now.  That I haven't seen my daughters in person for 8 months.  That my dad is in prison for 3 more years and my mom just attempted suicide.  That my step dad might be a child molester.  That my ex husband got Schizophrenia for no reason and we couldn't stay married.  That my ex boyfriend is in jail, and I never thought in a million years he would end up in there.  That my current boyfriend is really sick.  That my room mates in my house like to smoke pot too much and have a really horrible car that barely runs.  And now that all of America seems to be getting shut down because of a virus outbreak.  Life is just full of sad things.  I hope Jesus does come back soon!

But here's why I don't lay in bed all day from depression, because the show must go on.  There are still people that need to be saved and I know God might use me to help save many. Just because others decided to tap out of the race of life, I never will.  I'll always keep running, no matter what happens to me or those around me.

This poem more then anything else has encouraged me to never give up on life. :)

Mother to Son by Langston Hughes

 Well, son, I'll tell you:
Life for me ain't been no crystal stair.
It's had tacks in it,
And splinters,
And boards torn up,
And places with no carpet on the floor --
Bare.
But all the time
I'se been a-climbin' on,
And reachin' landin's,
And turnin' corners,
And sometimes goin' in the dark
Where there ain't been no light.
So boy, don't you turn back.
Don't you set down on the steps
'Cause you finds it's kind of hard.
Don't you fall now --
For I'se still goin', honey,
I'se still climbin',
And life for me ain't been no crystal stair.

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment