Sunday, January 27, 2013

Oh the Places I've Been :)

I am feeling so unbelievably blessed right now!  I'm about to move into the coolest apartment/place I will have ever lived!  There is a view of a wooded area right out our balcony.  I'll be living with a great and fun friend!  I might have nanny jobs soon to keep me busy.  My friend's church I think we will be really cool and I'm looking forward to getting super involved. 

And just looking back at my pics from all the places I've gotten to go these last 2 months I'm amazed.  Ironically I was into the poem "Oh the Places You'll Go" by Dr. Seuss before I left for Sydney, Australia about 2 months ago and I have gotten to go to an insane amount of places over the last 2 months.  All my favorite places in the world!  I had always wanted to see Sydney and I got to!  I had always wanted to snorkle the Great Barrier Reef and I got to! 

I got to drive through the Colorado Rockies with my mom, which are probably my favorite thing in the world.  We got to walk around Vegas at night which is probably my favorite city in the world as far as how pretty it is.  I got to finally see Honolulu, Hawaii and I had always wanted to see that.  Flying on Hawaiian airlines again was really, really nice. :)  I got to drive through Utah which was really beautiful!  I got to hang out at the Irvine Spectrum with Ash my best friend before I came out to Missouri, the Spectrum being my fav place in California lol. 

Life really couldn't be any better right now.  Things are going so well and I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed at how much God has blessed me in the last 2 months.

THANK YOU GOD!!!

Someone close to me died 5 months ago but though sorrow may last for the night joy certainly does come in the morning!  God has been so good to me and helped me recover from the death and find even more joy after than I had before. 

It is kind of like the story of the Pheonix who is burned and dies but rises brilliantly and in victory.  What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, a lot stronger.  And when we come through hard times we appreciate the good times that much more. 

The hardest part about the death was just someone dying at 33.  People aren't supposed to die at 33.  I kept saying about the situation it was so WIERD.  And it really, really was.  Just out of the blue, bam, he was gone.  Which perhaps made me subconciously think that I may not have tomorrow either so ever since he died I am trying to do as many things as I possibly can that I have always wanted to do!

What I have yet to do....hang gliding and sky diving....and live in New York for a bit. :) 

What I have done.....a lot lol.....swam in a river in a rain forest, jumped off a cliff near a water fall, hiked to the bottom of the grand canyon, been to taiwan twice, been to india and mexico, worked on a cruise ship in alaska for 2 months, hiked halfway up a mountain in Alaska, gone ziplinning in Alaska, worked on a cruise ship in mexico for 2 months, saw the coolest resort in the world in mexico, lived in hawaii for a summer, got to see honolulu, Hawaii finally, been on about 5 road trips across the states, been to Miami and Chicago and L.A., had 7 cats at one time when I was in 5th grade, fallen in love many, many times and learned a lot from being in love, worked with kids of all ages for 14 years from infants through 18 year olds, gone kayaking in Haiti and Alaska and California, climbed a waterfall in Jamaica, saw Mayan ruins in Mexico, swam in ice cold water in Colorado, hiked a mountain in Australia, swam with sting rays in the Carribean, rode a bike on the seven miles of heaven beach in the Grand Cayman Islands, rode a bike in Alaska and saw a bear, saw a kangaroo and her baby while hiking in Canberra, Australia, got to pet a koala, held a snake, got to own the cutest bunny in the world for 3 yrs, I love you snowball! lol, and two kittens and a hamster all at the same time, :) won a karaoke context on a cruise ship and got a lunch pail lol, been blown away by seeing God move in other countries, dreamed of flying and then kind of did microgliding in Australia, snorkled the great barrier reef in Australia finally, hiked through a rain forest in Australia, Hawaii, Seattle and Alaska, snorkled with sea turtles in Hawaii several times, tried to learn to surf but fell a lot lol, fed Kookaberra birds in Australia, ate shark, almost died in the ocean twice when boogie boarding, gone water skiing, gone snowboarding twice and ended up quite bruised lol, rode a jet ski, tried fishing, have had fun playing tennis, basketball 12 yrs, volleyball, soccer, softball, badmitton for a whole summer, mini golf, ultimate frisbee, frisbee golf, bowling, playing pool, swimming, running, sprinting, long jumping, doing hurdles in jr. high, sledding, ice skating, roller blading along the beach  .....and given my testimony about 10 times all over the world.....and had a pretty amazing life so far.  Praise God :)

I have gotten to do an insane amount for someone my age.  I'm not even 30 yet and I have seen pretty much anything I had always wanted to see and more.  When I was in high school my dream was to go to Hawaii and I got to live there for a summer when I was 19.  Then my dream was to see Australia and got to.  My next dream is to live on a ranch with horses and huskies and start a family.   May God help me accomplish that and find a great guy to share the rest of my life with and be happy with forever.  I know God can make my dreams come true because He has already made countless of my dreams come true.  Thank you God!!! :)

God thank you SOOOOO much for all you have already blessed me with.  It is overwhelming and awe inspiring that you would choose to pour out so many blessings on me when I have dishonored you so many times.  I feel hardly deserving of all you have given me but I am so grateful that you have chosen to shower me with great and unforgetable memmories while I am on this earth.  May there be many more to come!  You are amazing!  Thank you! :)

I had doubts about starting to have children in previous relationship because I felt like I hadn't seen enough of the world yet.  I, for the most part, feel like I have seen everything I want to see now. :)  I just might be able to finally settle down in one place for awhile lol.  And I think I will be quite happy here in Kansas City for a long time.  My next and final dream is to get a ranch someday with horses, or a horse, and breed huskies and homeschool 2 to 6 children lol.  I would LOVE to have little husky puppies running around all the time.  I think they are the most adorable looking thing IN THE ENTIRE WORLD! lol.  I'm loving the people around here and how much more godly people are in general.  Kansas City is probably the most clean city I have ever seen, besides Irvine in Orange County.  But Kansas City is a lot more fun looking than Irvine lol.  There is so much culture here.  So much cool architecture!  It is the most beautiful city I have ever seen!  Just driving up and seeing the skyline I was like, "Wow that is a beautiful skyline." lol.  It's wonderful here.  :)  I like it a lot. :)

And I love the midwest.  I think my heart has always been here because I had my prime years here from 9 to 13.  I learned about the world and myself here.  I was thrilled with the snow and the lightning bugs and running through the woods when I was younger.  I absolutely love nature.  I come alive in nature!  I was listening to a book on tape with my mom on the road trip out here, Sacred Pathways, and he talked about the Naturalist, people who see God more in nature.  That is SO ME!  I have always connected with God best in nature. 

When Roger died and I moved back to California I greatly missed the wide open country side, the secret trails through forests, seeing deer in open fields and the lightning bugs on a warm summer night.  This truly is "God's country" as a man said to my mom and I on our way out here.  I am so happy to be back here!  All my best memmories are in this area.  Playing hide and go seek and running through corn fields.  Riding horses at my friend's house.  Catching lightning bugs and picking berries with my brother.  Nate and I had a really great child hood out here.  Seeing the lightning storms and the sky turn green with rolling clouds.  Seeing forests lit up magically with fireflies.  Swimming in lakes and rivers in the summer.  Having a mud fight with my friend after a summer down pour.  Sledding down long steep hills and ice skating on the lake by my house. 

I have COUNTLESS memmories in this part of the country and I really LOVE this part of the country with all my heart. :)  I am so happy to be close to nature again.

That was my goal in going to Australia, was to be in nature, but Sydney is an even more dense city then anywhere in California is, so that was disappointing somewhat. 

I feel like I can't hear God in the city.  I can't "smell" God.  The smell of freshly cut grass and a forest full of trees, that is where I "smell" and sense God.  I see him in open fields and clear skies.  I see him in sunsets and hawks or geese soaring through the air.  He is EVERYWEHRE out here!  He is so much more evident in the country side.

May God reveal himself to me more and more out here and may I fall in love with him again here as I did when I lived in this area when I was 9 and felt my soul awaken from the beauty in nature. 

May God bring me back to life.  May he make me FULLY ALIVE as He intends to! :)

Amen. :) 

God bless and take care!  I pray He will make you come fully alive as well.  Find what makes you come alive and go and do that.  Amen. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment