Tuesday, January 8, 2013

We Are Who We Hang out With

Parents always advise their kids to pick good friends.  It is quite true you are who you hang out with, or you become who you hang out with.

Since I dedicated my life to God at 14 I have been very picky about who I will let in my inner circle; who I will let advise me about my life. 

Generally, it is ideal to have friends that share your faith.  My youth pastor gave me the analogy of me standing on a chair and him on the ground.  He was like, "ok now try and pull me up."  That is impossible.  Then he yanked me down off the chair and I easily came down.  That is how it is generally with Christians who pick non-Christian people as their closest friends.  We are to be in the world but not of it.  Of course we will have aquaintances with people who are not saved, but our closest friends it would seem would need to have our faith in common.

There are a few verses regarding this.  The verse regarding being unequally yoked most just apply to marriage, but it also applies to friendship. 

It is very important that we are careful in who we pick to walk through life with.  We need to choose our team mates carefully.  :)  Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment