Monday, April 8, 2013

A Love Poem

from my sweetie.... :)

To Lisa:

I'll never forget the day

I carved your name into my heart and soul;

The day I said forever

And you wept tears of joy

That made my life full and whole.

Forever I had dreamed of this time;

This time of belonging and finding destiny.

I'd gladly give some of those tears of joy

Again and again without restraint or hesitancy.

To see your heart glad threw mountains of painful years

Far away into the sea.

The joy of God shimmering in your eyes

Brought abundant life into our future to be.

It's my prayer to win your heart every day

And gently bring it to the Lord.

I pray to be your warrior

Who dashes your adversities into pieces

With a double edged sword.

I pray to be the vessel God uses

To bring His love into all the hurting places in your life.

You are my stardust of heaven.

My flawless one.

My darling.

My wife.

:)

-Ben



No comments:

Post a Comment