Saturday, April 13, 2013

Working


Life is good :)

I am working full-time finally again, at a pre-school.  After 7 months of not working at all.  It feels good.  I find it to be very hard at times but I know it is good.  I keep thinking of that part in Joyce Meyer’s sermon on “Don’t Go There” when she says, “No discipline for the present seems joyous but later on it produces fruit and perseverance.”  The fruit of working will obviously be a paycheck but also more faith in myself that I can endure hard things. 

Work is where we prove ourselves isn’t it?  It’s where we find out what we are really made of.  We don’t know how much patience we are capable of until it is tested yes?  Yes. :)

Working with 8 or 15 small kids at a time requires a lot of patience.  And apparently, I have what it takes, which is good to know. Lol :)

I have always had a lot of respect for pre-school teachers, because that is such a hard age.  Some people say, “It’s just working with kids.  It can’t be that hard.”  But those are the people who have never done it. Lol :)

3 year olds are by far the hardest.  We are born with original sin right?  So working in a pre-school is like working with a bunch of wild stallions and trying to train them.  The book Boundaries says that everything a person needs to learn about respecting self and others they need to learn by the age of three, or life will be much harder for them if they don’t learn it.  Therefore working with two year olds is perfect and is the most significant thing anyone could do really, because that is the training ground that will dictate how the rest of their lives will go.    

The best thing about work being somewhat hard is I have no desire to blow my money I worked so hard for.  So that is a major plus. :)

I had the hardest time the other day with a two year old girl who was crying for about 40 minutes at nap time.  It actually made me cry, because her crying was so sad.  She was crying like she was seeing Satan himself or being tortured by little demons or something.  It was the strangest thing and her crying sounded just horrible. L  I also cried because I felt powerless to help her.  I tried to comfort her but it didn’t seem to work.  She just moved here from China so she is a bit disoriented.  She is very cute though. :)  May God show me how to help her.  Amen :)

I am now in the 2 year old room mostly which I really like.  They are so much more independent and capable of more, obviously, then the one year olds.  They can actually sing songs with me, which is fun.  They are just the cutest little things when they are all singing and doing motions to songs. 

They seem to be very eager to learn too.  Like they always want to look at books and learn new words etc. 

I love this age so much!  May God give me wisdom and patience with them.  I find it to be a very rewarding job and I am enjoying it a lot so far.  I also enjoy the challenge. :)  But the easy times are nice too. :)

Grace and peace be with you! :)

1 comment:

  1. So great your post. I like your post. It’s useful and impressive!
    Cook at 48 Laws of Power foods.

    ReplyDelete