Wednesday, January 28, 2015

On the Road Again

I am so excited!  My husband and I were talking this evening about our plans for the future.  He is currently working in the oil field driving a truck.  There is a huge oil boom here in West Texas at the moment, but it could end any month now.  The price of oil is dropping so it might not last much longer, who knows.  But our plan is that when it does end, we will be able to buy a truck for cheaper than we normally would because every company will be selling most of their trucks.  Then we will go over the road as a family!  How fun! :)

I figure by then we might have a second child, so that could be a bit challenging having us all in the extended cab of a truck, but it's doable.  It will have a sleeper, so like a bed and you can have a little fridge back there and everything.  He would just drive 12 hour shifts and then we could stay at nice hotels and go swimming and sit in hot tubs.  The more I think about it, the more excited I get! :)

We currently have two cars so we would give them, or loan them, to my mom for the time that we are on the road. :) We would probably only do this for a year and then we would be able to save up a lot for a house.  People make a lot more driving over the road when they own their own truck. 

One of my dreams has always been to see the Eastern part of the U.S.  I have never been east of Chicago really.  Well I was in Miami for a bit but that's it.  So I can't wait to drive up the east coast and see New York and see the south and the Appalachian Mountains.  I love road tripping and I love seeing new things every day!  I think it will be tons of fun and I'm so excited!  Many family adventures are on the horizon, praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment