Thursday, February 9, 2017

From a Childhood Friend's Mom

Here's an email from my best friend's mom, from when I was about 3 to 6.  They lived a few houses away from us.  It's interesting.  And sad :(

"Lisa, I just read your testimony. I remember your young years, when you played with Nikkie. I can still remember the sadness in your eyes, and the way you would shut out the world around you. I was concerned that you might have a hearing problem, or that there was an emotional shut-down. I presented my concerns to your mom, but she wasn't quite ready to receive them. Instead, she withdrew from me. There was a time when you and your dad were supposed to go on a camping trip for the weekend, and you absolutely didn't want to go. You begged me to let you stay with us, so you could play with Nikkie. Everything within me sensed there was something really wrong, if you didn't want to spend time with your dad. I wish I would have known. I would NEVER have let you go with him! Your mom stayed away from us for awhile, and I didn't know what horrific things were going on in your family. The next time we talked, she told me that your dad was in jail. After that, she and I spent a lot of time together, and I helped her get out of the web of the Local Church. She started attending Mariners, and did her best to bring some normalcy to your life. Just like you, she was greatly betrayed by your dad. You were both victims -- so was Nathan. I'm so sorry for what you went through. After everything was out in the open, you spent time at our house, and I tried my best to allow you a safe place to talk about things, and feel loved. I hope we were able to offer that for you. It's wonderful to see that you are walking with the Lord now, and have allowed Him to heal your heart!"

Awe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment