Saturday, September 29, 2018

Tongues Testimonies

Here are the stories from 30 different people on Facebook about how the gift of tongues began in their life, their first experience.  :)

I will say for my own story, I never have prayed in tongues but have been open to it for awhile, but also a little scared of it at the same time.  In reading these stories maybe I have reason to be scared, because it sounds like an intense roller coaster ride lol.  But I do love roller coasters. :) So maybe I would love praying in tongues too.  I know my husband has prayed in tongues for the last 12 years or so.  His sounds like an African language I think.  Whenever he prays in tongues for me about anything I giggle and feel extra happy. lol.  So that's cool. :)  I do believe it's from God.  I KNOW tongues is still a gift for today.  It did NOT cease with the publishing of the Bible. "The perfect" that Paul refers to in Corinthians is heaven, not the completion of the Bible.  I have heard it in a church where someone prays and interprets their own tongue, which is nice.  I know in the past when my hubby has prayed in tongues a lot it helped him quit smoking.  So that's great.  I have always kind of thought I don't need that to stay away from sin and be close to God, which that might be my pride thinking that, but therefore I have not felt I needed tongues.  But if God wants me to have it, and if it really is the gateway to having the gift of healing etc, as some say, then I would want it.  So pray for me about that please.  It sounds interesting that's for sure. :)

The stories:

Very crazy. My "natural mind" kept telling me I was making it up. (Long story. It was very late at night and i could not stop for over 4 hours.)

Just uncomfortable. Lol. I do it daily now and it's like breathing, but that first time I just felt so lost. I was stood at the empty school grounds with my youth Pastor just wondering what was going on xx
The actual experience itself wasn't fun, because I had a lot of crazy people standing over me, yelling at me and laying hands on me. But after I first received it, I would speak in tongues in my mind every time I heard anybody speaking another language. :) And I felt giddy, even laughing instead of getting upset when I dropped a folder full of papers and they scattered in the wind, that sort of thing.

I felt a huge release, I had missed church that day, when my parents came home and told me about it I went to my room and cried out to God "I want that! I want my own prayer language to the Throne!" He gave it to me so I bawled even more hahaha.

I whispered my first few words..because it sounded so funny..(haha..funny)..those first words are still prominent in my language..now they are heart warming..not funny

I was being prayed for one day and the lady started speaking in tongues and next I found myself interpreting. I was amazed and was thinking wow as I did so. Hasn't happened since

Truly amazing and wonderous. The mind can not fathom what the spirit is doing

It was so electrifying was saved baptized spiritually healed and talked tongues. I could feel the finger tips of jesus. I knew I was saying but came out in different language. I loved greatest experience of my life. Bible talks about talking in spiritual tongues

It happened in 1976, when I was 10 in one of my dad's church service. No one was praying for me. The Holy Spirit came over me when I was sitting on the floor.

It's like you know what you are saying because you are talking to God in the spirit but the words are not of this world but you know it's divine is the only way I can explain it

My testimony to my first time speaking in tongues funny as it may sound I was listening to the Isley Brothers living for the love of you...... it started off I was just singing the song then I started thinking how good God was to me and I began singing to him that I was living for his love and then the second part of the trilogy the holy Spirit came down upon me I'll never forget it pure utterance is all I can describe it as


It felt like hot lava flowing out of my stomach and tongue.!!! It also felt like thousands upon thousands of bolts of lightning , thunder , rushing waters, winds, and fire coming out of my body ,stomach mouth, lips, and tongue....year of 1992

Oh my goodness. I was sixteen years old. March 20, 1977 I was saved and baptized in water. Two weeks later on a Thursday night at church, an evangelist prayed for me and I got baptized in the Holy Ghost with the evidence of speaking in tongues and it was fast tongues. I'll never forget it. Today, I pray in tongues, sing in tongues, intercede and do warfare in tongues. I am so thankful for the Holy Ghost.

I felt a direct light from heaven then my stomach bubbled and it was like word vomit from my stomach. I still get sore in my stomach muscles when I speak in tongues for a while

I was 11 and my mom laid hands on me to be filled with the Holy Spirit. It felt strange and awkward learning to let go of control over my mouth and tounge. I was afraid I wasn't doing it right or that I was making up my prayer language, which was just a few simple syllables back then.

1998 got baptized in the Holy Spirit began speaking in tongues instantly, looking at each leader in the eyes speaking rapidly to them in the Spirit. Felt like I could run around the world a thousand times! I sing in the Spirit now and pray also. I will never forget it!

My tongue felt like it was moving by its self...my belly felt full...not like when you eat and get full...I felt like waves going over me....I felt calm and at peace

I did not believe in tongues.I thought it was of the devil.
I was given a book...The Holy Spirit and You.
After reading it I told God if He really wanted me to have it then I would receive it. Then having decided to trust I heard and saw Lorday...I said thats close to Lord...I can say that. Then I heard Oh bay...again I said thats like obey...I can say that. Then I heard
Timur Seedah. I said..okay God I believe its you. I said it all together and I was instantly baptized and overwhelmed by His Presence in the throne room.

I saw my spiritual voice box in my throat open as I started to try pray in tongues. It was a strange kind experience praying at first but after I while I got used it as time went on. Years past before I really took more advantage of it.

I received the baptism in the Holy Spirit when I received Jesus. A couple of weeks after, I was in church walking towards the altar, like many were. I started feeling pressure on my throat like a ball of energy coming through my throat to my mouth and I started speaking in tongues! Praise and glory to God!

I didn't realize I was praying in tongues till like half way my praying, then I kinda wanted to stop & listened to myself, but kept going...it was like my own tongue was controlling itself.I had mixed emotions about it.I don't come from a home where I've heard someone pray in tongues before.I loved how it made me feel, but was freaked out at the same time, was amazed, felt weird and for the first time I felt like I was really praying.

It felt like I finally received a long awaited gift from God. I did not feel any different. Did not “feel” anything really. I just opened my mouth and started speaking in tongues— it was one syllable at that time. But before this I had been praying and wanting the gift for so long, maybe a year or two. And God have it to me after I surrendered my desires to him! It was a precious moment.

it was awesome,,after I received the gift I always wanted to be speaking in tongues

Was in a dream, sitting in my moms living room (in the dream), sunlight began to stream in through the window and I started speaking in tongues (in the dream).

I awakened around 2ish am and I was weeping very intensely while the word of God came forth from my spirit in supernatural poems and proverbs. Before this experience I could not articulate my words in such a fashion. OHH BUT GOD..Glory

I just couldn't stop continued the whole day till i slept, i couldn't stop.

Incredible!. I started speaking in tongues at 10 years old.

It was about 35 years ago, but what I remember was hearing simple little syllables, and then, I spoke them out in faith. There wasn’t any crashing fanfare from heaven as I had witnessed with others (like my parents and husband). However, as I trusted the Lord and spoke in faith, I began to grow in the spirit of intercession,

I was at a meeting and felt the holy spirit grooming a message in me. I felt a ball of fire spinning inside my stomach, and when I finally released it, it felt like heaven opened up and flushed over the entire meeting. My message was interpreted by someone else and it came in three waves. When it was over it dripped oil from my fingers and his power filled me in such way I felt it in my eyes, my hands and feet. Ppl in the meeting told me they could see his glory in my eyes and several ppl wanted me to lay hands on and pray for them💕 God is so good

Mine was very matter-of-fact. I was really hoping for an ecstatic, spiritual experience. I had always pictured it as something that would happen Out of the book of Acts. However being raised and told that it was of the devil it was new for me to think that I could have it and it was good. After praying about it a lot and reading about it I listen to a sermon and at the end they all started praying in tongues. I also told God if this was from him I wanted it, if not keep me far from it. My sister who had been praying in tongues before, had told me and just start saying what comes to mind that is not English. I did and it was such a disappointment of expectations. But I knew this was of God and I kept trusting him. Later it was funny because I realize that everybody else's tongues sound the same, but mine sound very different and they will change depending on what I'm praying about

I had attended a crusade where a prophet of God was ministering. He asked if there was anyone who wanted to receive Jesus Christ as their personal Saviour and several hands went up. Since I was born again I didn't lift mine. But he told all of us to join in that prayer of surrendering our lives, so we all in unison. In the middle of the prayers he said, ' Lord , You promised us that when we receive You, and we become Your children, You will give us the gifts of the Holy Spirit, we will see visions, we will dream dreams, we will prophecy, we will speak new tongues..... " . All I know I didn't finish those prayers , for my tongue became not my own. I had no control, what I said I have no clue, it was like a spring of water that just burst forth, fire that couldn't be quenched. The most glorious thing to happen in my life. I will never forget that!

I have been doing it since I was a young child and just didn’t realise it.

I was alone in my room praying and worshipping and I believed I could have it and I asked for it and received. It was just a few sounds at first that kept repeating and the more I said them, many more sounds came out. I didn’t feel fire or anything else. I just prayed and asked and received it.



So cool!  And maybe soon I'll have my own story to share.  Who knows.  It could happen. :)  Pray for me if you think of it, that God will give me this gift also.  Thanks and May God bless you all!




No comments:

Post a Comment