Sunday, April 10, 2016

Jobs

Can't believe I haven't written a blog in a month.  I have been crazy busy working so that's why.  Last week I literally worked 40 hours at a sushi restaurant by me waitressing and bartending.

Since I have recently mastered the art of bartending, I felt inspired to write about all the different jobs I've had.  Actually I didn't master the art of bartending quite yet; I still have a ton to learn, which is one reason why I enjoy my new job of bartending.  I love learning new things and new jobs. 

When I was younger one of my favorite shows on TV was one called "The Pretender."  In it the main actor did a new job every episode.  Watching that show made one of my life goals to do almost every job that a person could do.  Next on my list are pilot, lawyer and counselor.  But so far I have been a:  camp counselor, tutor, cruise ship children's worker, junior high teacher, after school care giver, study hall supervisor, cashier, waitress at Applebee's, a steak house and a sushi restaurant, bookstore clerk, student loan call center representative, Coldstone ice cream store clerk, retail/sales clerk, nanny, babysitter, and now bartender.  That is a LOT of new jobs that I had to learn.  But since I enjoy learning new things so much, I really enjoyed learning all those new jobs. 

My number one favorite job was working on a cruise ship with children.  The cruise to Mexico was the most fun and Alaska was awesome too. :)  If you are single and young try doing that job.  It's great!  I'm so glad that I had that experience for sure!

My number two favorite job was as a summer camp counselor.  Also try to do that at some point in your life if you can, especially in Orange County, CA because you get to go everywhere fun for free like Disneyland, water parks and zoos etc.  That was so cool!

My number three favorite job would actually have to be bartending.  It's exciting learning new drinks and being around people having fun and talking.  It can be a bit stressful though if you don't know how to make a new drink or have never heard of an alcohol that someone wants, but overall it's tons of fun. :)  It may seem odd that a Christian would want to be a bartender, but us Christians always forget that Jesus drank wine very often.  It is not alcohol itself that is evil, only the abuse of it, just like with anything.

And the next job I hope to do besides bartending is become a real estate agent.  I just have to pass the test.  I get two more tries at passing it.  Tomorrow is try number two.  Pray for me please!  That would be a really fun and a great job to have too I think, since I could mostly work from home and be around my kids a lot still. 

May God bless ya'll!  And if you are any of my friends from past jobs reading this, I love you all and am so glad that I got to work with you all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment