Thursday, September 29, 2016

Francis Chan Sermons are Great!

Just listened to two challenging sermons by Francis Chan in the past couple days. In one he was saying how important it is to love God over money, which I know, but it's always good to be reminded of that. He was saying how filthy rich any of us in America are and how can we ever complain about not having enough money when most of the world only makes like $2 a day?  Seems like it would be more than that and hopefully it is, but that was a good point and a good reminder :)

And then today he was making a great point that it doesn't matter how intelligent we are, would people be able to say of us that we walked like Jesus?

Hopefully that could be said of me with my Jesus packet making.  But maybe I lack the boldness that Jesus had and I should talk to people face to face. It's always hard to know what to do, cause it seems that people these days more than ever like their space and privacy, so dropping tracks in random places might be best, instead of physically handing them to people and trying to talk to them. Sometimes face to face evangelism only makes people hate Christianity even more, so that's not good. :( But Jesus didn't really do that actually. He mostly gave sermons and spoke to crowds. He didn't do a lot of one on one conversations with people, except the woman at the well.  So to live like Jesus would be to teach large crowds. Some are able to do that in pastoring churches and others do that in writing in a blog like me lol.

It works I think :) And maybe this blog writing is reaching more people than if I did speak in public to large crowds, who knows.  I guess I won't know till I get to heaven, and then maybe I will meet all of you who have read my blog and hear how it hopefully helped you in your walk with God.

But no matter what, I think God is pleased with me and what I have done and hopefully He will say to me one day that I lived pretty close to how Jesus did.  Hopefully :) May God bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment