Wednesday, November 11, 2020

My Best Friend

I met my best friend Ashley when I was 14.  We have been best friends for 21 years.  That is one of my greatest accomplishments in life, just staying in touch with her for that long. :)  Ashley and I have never had a fight, so that helps. :)  I suppose it's because we respect each other so much. 

For any wondering, Ashley and I have never kissed and there is zero lesbian attraction for us. We have always just been friends, praise God. lol.

  We met at church on a Wednesday night service and there was an instant connection.  I gave her my number and we started hanging out after school every day.  Over the years I have called her about once a month and we talk for hours when we talk.  I still text her almost every day.  She has been my rock that has gotten me through my life.  If I didn't have Ashley honestly I would probably be in prison by now or I would have killed myself by now.  Like for real.  My life has been crazy times 10.  

It Really helps to have a close friend to get you through life.  I stay alive for her and maybe she stays alive for me.  Although she is much stronger then me and I don't think she has ever wanted to end her life. 

She is epileptic. I remember telling her years ago, "If I had seizures like you I would have jumped off a bridge by now."  I admire her strength a lot, that she hasn't jumped off a bridge by now.  Maybe I keep thinking, subconsciously at least, that if she is still going strong in life then I can too.  

We encourage each other a lot.  I admire her ability to stay away from guys and be independent.  And she admires my daring heart that takes risks in love as much as I can.  She keeps my feet on the ground more and I think I inspire her to fly more. :) Opposites attract and she definitely is more reason and I am more emotion.  She is the brain and I am the heart. Every brain needs a heart friend to inspire them.  And every heart needs a brain friend to keep them thinking logically.  

I would have messed up my life SO much by now if it weren't for Ashley's wise counsel.  She is the wisest person I have ever known.  Even wiser then my mom, which is funny since Ashley is two years younger then me.  I suppose she literally has always been more like my mom then even my mom, because she is so mature.  Her seizures have made her wise beyond her years I think.  And just all the things she went through in life.  She grew up in Vegas and both her parents were heroine addicts.  She then moved in with her older cousin and his wife at age 9.  He was about 25 at the time. He was a super great guy and was on staff at our church.  She helped them raise their 3 kids.  It is good she had that time of helping raise kids because she might never be able to have kids because she is epileptic, at least her doctor definitely recommends that she doesn't.  But it helps that she has no interest in having kids.  Probably because she feels she already kind of was a mom for her cousins.  

Ashley is the only person I gave driving lessons to.  She finally got her license about 3 years ago at age 30.  Since then she has been in 3 major accidents.  Pray for her about that. :(  

She has had a hard time with love.  Mainly she doesn't trust guys so she has no interest in finding love.  I feel bad for her because I feel like she is missing out, but then again I also feel she is very smart, because love sure can break your heart. 

She loves hearing about all my crazy love adventures though.  Maybe she lives vicariously through me.  

The more she doesn't take risks in love, the more I want to.  But I'm sure the more I take risks in love, the more she doesn't want to, because she sees how much it hurts me.  She is very smart.  :) Or is she?....lol

Ashley and I have certainly been there for each other through every storm in life.  I can't imagine my life without her and I'm So thankful that I have had her as a friend all these years.  Go Ashley!

I hope you all have a friend like that too.  God bless :)



No comments:

Post a Comment