Saturday, December 19, 2015

On Feeling Like Santa


I think the story of Santa is so popular because everyone likes the idea that there is someone somewhere working really hard to try to make them and their family happy.  I actually feel a bit like my Jesus packets are a Santa type thing.  (I make something that I call "Jesus Packets."  I started making them last Christmas with a necklace that I made, a  Bible tract and candy.  This year I am putting baked goods in them instead of a necklace.) I am hoping the packets will make people happy.  I am baking a bunch and working somewhat hard to try to cheer people up. 

On another note, Jesus ministered to physical needs before spiritual needs.  So now my packets have cookies or brownies, which meet a physical need of hunger, and the Bible tracts which reach spiritual needs. 

More about Santa; I deliver the packets at night like Santa, because it's much easier and kinder I think to try to witness in discreet ways.  I don't invade people's fireplaces but I do invade their mail boxes lol.  And my tummy is starting to look like Santa haha not really but kinda.  Thanks to having two children.  They are worth it though.  And hey that's partly why I like doing my Jesus packets cause it gets me outside walking around more so I can loose some more weight yay!  lol God bless ya'll! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment