Monday, February 29, 2016

Regarding Money


Here is a GREAT question to ask yourself about money, "Are you expecting money without respecting money?" Or, are you hoping that God will bless you with more money, but you don't respect the money that He has already given you?  Have you spent your money on frivolous and meaningless things without thinking twice about it? 


We all have. I know I have been guilty of this on many occasions. But we are called to be good stewards of all that God gives us, especially our money. We are called to not be greedy and to share and be generous with our money with others.

Biblical giving isn't just about giving 10% to a church. You can tithe 10%, but what do you do with the rest of your money? How much do we need to spend on ourselves and how much do we actually spend on ourselves?

A good budget to try to stick to is to give yourself $10 a day of "fun money." And anything other than that try to save or pay off bills or debt with. Or give more away, if you can. :)

This phrase was a very good reminder to me today of what God is working on me about currently. I just thought of the phrase today for basketball that I was always taught growing up; "the best offense is a great defense." The same goes for money; the best way to make money is to not spend money. As in, it's better to save more of what you make, rather than always try to make more money.

Also, a verse that I have always loved very much is, "Godliness with contentment is great gain." Aaaamen! If you can be content, you gain a LOT. Because when we are truly content; we won't keep racking up debt, we won't keep buying things we don't need, and we won't keep stressing others out with the money we choose to spend.
  
Soon I will be working at Outback Steakhouse. May God help me to save most of what I make or use it for good and meaningful things and not frivolous things. In Jesus' name amen!

May God bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment