Saturday, May 26, 2018

Body Image

I thought I would write about body image since Joyce talked about it in a sermon I just watched.  She said "we need to make peace with the body parts we don't like."  lol I thought "amen to that." :) I personally have had an ever growing tummy ever since I went to college and we had an all you can eat buffet 3 meals a day. lol.  And then later I worked at Pizza Hut and then had 2 kids.  So life just happens and you end up not staying the trim person you were as an adolescent, but that's ok.  I remember even when I was playing in baskeball in high school I still wasn't totally happy with my body.  I always wished my abs were more defined.  I guarantee every person you know, no matter how good they look, doesn't like something about their body.

But what does Scripture say about you?  "You are God’s masterpiece. He has created you anew in Christ Jesus, so you can do the good things he planned for you long ago." Eph. 2:10  Amen!

We sould never think little of ourselves because we are God's masterpiece; our hearts, minds and bodies are all God's masterpieces.  :)

And in Psalm 139 David says, "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made."  What does it mean to be fearfully made?  It means God was very careful when he made you.  Think of a brilliant artist like Michelangelo painting a chapel.  Every color he picks out carefully.  Every curve is exactly how the painter wants it to be.  A ton of thought is put into any work of art.  And you are a work of art!  You are God's work of art.  Amen :)

So please don't starve yourself to get skinny.  Don't work out excessively.  10 mintues of walking in place, or going on a walk, a day is good enough.  And when you eat, just don't eat past the point of being full and don't eat when you're not hungry.  It can be as simple as that, and you probably would loose weight if you want to.  But focus more on having a good looking heart rather then a good looking body amen?  Our heart is the main thing that God looks at and cares about.  Our heart is the most important thing about us.  So have a good heart and all other things will follow.  God bless :)

No comments:

Post a Comment