Thursday, December 5, 2019

Not Knowing What You Have

I love the line in an Amy Grant song that says "Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you got until it's gone." Isn't that the truth.

Hindsight is 20/20.  I kept thinking my ex husband just went crazy but really it was my greed and shopping addiction partly that made him go crazy.  But all the while I was pointing my finger at him and his smoking when I had a serious problem with greed. I could never be content and happy with what I already had, which was probably why he always thought I would cheat on him.  He probably assumed in the same way I always wanted more stuff that I would want a new model of a man too.  I wasn't even thinking that though at all when I was with him, but when he left I definitely did some searching and shopping for a better man.  I was somewhat happy to have the opportunity to try to find someone better.  And I think I have, but time will tell on that.

But we never know what we really have until it's gone.  I didn't realize how good I had life with Ben until he left.  I wasn't grateful for never having to work and getting to stay home until now when I'm having to work.  I mostly enjoy working but my feet and back seriously hurt a lot when I started working. :)  I didn't even realize how spoiled I was when I was with my ex husband.

And you might not like having to deal with drama from someone you love, but it sure is worth it when you get to hold them all night. No one wants to be lonely.  It's never fun to be alone.  I mean it can be relatively fun because then you can have peace.  But being alone is generally not fun.  If you have no one to share life with, then what is the point to life?

So value whoever you have and never let them go.  Treat them good.  Hug them as much as you can.  Cook for them.  Keep the house clean.  Do what they ask of you, and you will have a happy life.  Don't ever take the person you have for granted, because you never know when they will have had enough and be gone.  So be careful and love them the best you can.

May God bless ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment