Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Sermon Reflections

Here are my responses to questions in our bulletin from this week. :)

When do you feel the most vulnerable and weak?

When I'm in love with someone.  When I tell someone my whole life story and they are able to then judge me and what I've done or been through, that is when I feel the most vulnerable.  I think that's why most people choose to stay a closed book, because when you tell all to someone you can feel very vulnerable and that can be a scary feeling. But overall it is still worth it, because being fully known by someone is the best feeling in the world. :)

When have you experienced God's light in your darkness?

Many, many times.  Recently with my wonderful boyfriend. :) He has been a bright shinning light in the darkness for me.  He has made me so, so happy and it's been absolutely wonderful to hang out with him. :)  And with work my current job was and is a bright light shinning in my darkness.  My whole last year was very dark with So much drama and confusion and craziness, but praise God I am finally at the top of my mountain.  I climbed up through it all.  I overcame.  And now I'm at the summit gazing out at the beautiful view.  And it is definitely a very nice view. :)

When we are broken, how is God revealed to us?

We don't see God as well when things are going perfectly, probably because we feel more self-sufficient then and like we don't need God, so we forget about him.  But the Bible says "God is near to the broken hearted and binds up their wounds." For sure he is.  When we are broken and life is scary and hard, we draw closer to God because we realize more how much we need him.  We cling to him tighter and talk to him more. I suppose God puts us in those situations because he knows they will have that effect on us, and his greatest desire is to be close to us. :)

How is God at work in your life?

In many, many ways. I love the new worship song that says "Even when I don't see it you're working. God you never stop working." God has worked a lot in my life in bringing great guys into my life that I knew I could trust.  That really helped repair my trust in men after my dad was crazy and my ex went crazy, that some men still are good, secure, hard workers and trust worthy.  Praise God that there are still good men in our society!  Not all of American is depraved. :) There is still a holy remnant.  Praise God for us, the remnant. :) Not many still try to seek after holiness, but some of us still do.

God also broke off of me greed.  I used to have a serious problem with always wanting more stuff.  I was never content with what I already had.  But God is helping me to be content with less.  Praise God. :) I used to have a lack of respect for the value of money but also for men and how hard they have to work to get money.  God has taught me in the last 3 months to value both the effort it takes to get money and to respect men more.  So praise God for all the ways he has worked in my mind, heart and soul lately.  Amen. :)

I pray God will break off any sin or greed or pride that you might have also.  Our greatest need is God, not stuff and not people.  It's nice to have stuff and people, but God should always be number one in our hearts. We can't have any idols and any gods before God. Amen.

May God bless you!


No comments:

Post a Comment