Saturday, August 8, 2020

Our Stressful World

 The heat in this month of August is always brutal.  It makes us all feel like we have less energy than normal.  And to add to that we have the mandatory mask wearing law, which I'm pretty sure is wearing us all out.  I think the majority of the world is feeling weary and depressed.  It's like we are all just sitting and waiting for the world to end.  We have become apathetic to it and now pretty much expect things to get worse, since they keep getting worse.  But on the bright side, at least things aren't worse then they are now.  The riots have stopped.  It isn't that much trouble to wear a mask when going to Walmart.  It is kind of like playing doctor dress up for an hour.  But I think everyone is wondering what is next?  What measure of control is next?  What will happen next in the U.S. and the world?  

There seems to be a constant feeling of dread in the air.  I have felt God telling me a lot that the rapture of Christians will happen soon.  That would be great!  My focus now mainly is to save as many people as I can before the end comes.  My biggest goal has always been to take as many people to heaven with me as I can.  :)  I hope that is your biggest goal too.  What else is there to live for in life besides serving God and helping him save the lost?  What greater calling or purpose could there be?  I wonder sometimes if that's why God allows the world to be as it is, the constant battle of darkness versus light, because it keeps life interesting.  Sometimes the constant battle of evil versus good is exhausting, but it also keeps life from boring doesn't it?  You never know what will happen next.  You never know what arrows Satan will shoot at you next.  It keeps you on the edge of your seat. 

At times the constant flaming arrows from Satan make you want to take 3 naps a day because the world and life is just too much to face.  Your spirit feels weak and you let it get you depressed.  But sometimes the fight is energizing and you enjoy taking on the battle.  Paul said, "I have fought the good fight."  Every day for any Christian is a fight. A fight in your mind against evil.  A fight to be kind to others when they are mean to you. A fight to forgive others and do everything you know God wants you to do.

People in the world think they are strong, but it doesn't take much strength to do anything Satan wants you to.  But to resist Satan, that takes true strength.  

Every good soldier needs rest.  You fight a battle and then you need to re-group and get re-energized.  My favorite way to do that is with Hillsong worship music and this, writing.  What re-energizes you?  It used to be shopping for me, but that was a bad way to deal with stress because the spending of money only brought more stress.  I encourage you to find good coping skills in this time of high stress in our world.  Buy a kitten.  Dance in your living room.  Journal. Drink some hot tea.  Go for walks.  Don't bottle up all the stress.  You have to unwind and relax sometimes.  

May God bless you!


No comments:

Post a Comment