Monday, March 28, 2022

Power Games

 I have been slightly competing with an older co worker for the opening manager position for 5 months now. I really did not mean to compete though. This entire time I told my head boss to let him do it. But I don't know if he wants to do it. That is the problem. I think he is a scared little boy on the inside, but he masks that by trying to appear macho. Me doing it now reminds me of the scene in Gladiator when Maximus says he has no desire to become the king. That is when the current dying king says "That is why it must be You." Those who want power, those who crave it, should not have it. Those who are humble and don't care about having all the power, those are the ones who deserve to be in power. 

What is your dream? Make it happen. But stay humble and you will deserve to get it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment