Friday, March 18, 2022

Single Mom

 My mom was a single mom for 7 years. I always admired her, that she was capable of that, but I was always scared that might be me someday. My dad almost never paid child support. We always had enough food though. Thanks be to God! It helped that my mom got a ton of help from my grandma. My dad was too crazy to keep a job for very long. Now I am in the city where my daughters are. I keep hoping to work out shared visitation with my ex in laws but I think the situation is just and could be quite awkward for all of us. It would be a new normal. Saying goodbye to my girls for a week or a few days would be odd. I have no idea what to do about the situation. I am quite sure I don't want my ex husband back. He is not the same person now that he was when I met him. He came to be too attached to his parents. When I met him he was a strong independent man. Now he is so weak. I feel he would be a third kid I would need to care for. Instead I have decided to take care of my 10 fake kids at my new job. :) I think that is the best situation for me maybe until I die. We all desire to take care of some group of people. For some of us our group is blood related. For others they are the group of people we pick, or that God picks for us. Go find people to take care of. God will guide you to who deserves your care the most. 

No comments:

Post a Comment