Tuesday, May 21, 2013

34 Houses

I realized today that I have lived in 34 different houses, not counting hotels, over the course of my lifetime. :) Crazy huh. Here is an account of all of them. :)

1. I was born in Orange, CA at St. Joseph's hospital. From there I was taken home to what would be my home from 0 to 6, in Santa Ana, CA on Hesperian St. :)

2. When I was 6 my dad went to jail so my mom, brother and I moved to Upland to stay in one of my grandma's houses. She had 5 at the time, crazy I know. :)

3. When I was 9 our family moved to NE but until we found a house we stayed in my other grandma's motor home for the summer in Missouri Valley, IA.

4. Then we moved to the Lakeland Community outside of Blair, NE.

5. But we were only there for about a year. My parents divorced shortly after we moved in and for about two weeks my mom, brother and I stayed at the Open Door Mission in Omaha, NE ran by Pastor Bob at the time.

6. After the Lakeland house we moved to an apt. right by my grade school in Blair, NE.

7. When I was 12 we moved to a low income house by my jr. high and my brother's high school in Blair.

8. When I was 14 my mom and moved to CA and stayed with my grandma, her mom, in her house in Anaheim, CA for the summer until we got an apt.

9. Before school started my mom and I moved into an apt. in Santa Ana, CA called the Californian apts.

10. Before my sophomore year we moved to a town home within walking distance of my high school, which was nice. :)

11. At 18 I went to college and stayed in my first dorm at Biola, Sigma Chi.

12. That summer I lived with my Aunt in Hawaii and was a nanny for my cousins. We were on the big island in Oahu.

13. I lived in the same dorm the first two years at Biola, but the next summer I lived with my mom, who had then married and moved in with my step-dad into his condo in Huntington Beach, CA pretty close to the beach, which was nice.

14. My junior year I switched dorms and lived in Alpha Chi.

15. After my junior year my mom and step-dad bought a house in Irvine, CA so I stayed there with them that summer.

16. My last year at Biola I stayed in campus apts., the Li apts.

17. I then lived in Irvine with my mom and step-dad after graduating from college for about 3 years, my longest time in a place since high school. :) (That was my favorite house. The community was great. We lived in Woodbridge. It was safe; there were tons of pools; the weather was great; and I had a bunny, two kittens and a hamster. lol :)

18. But the adventures and traveling continued when I decided to work on a cruise ship. The first one was a month living on a cruise ship traveling to Mexico every week.

19. Then I lived on a cruise ship going to Alaska every week for 2.5 months.

20. After cruising I moved in with my brother in Omaha, NE in an apt.

21. I then met my first husband and stayed at his mom's for a bit.

22. We then stayed at a hotel for about two weeks until we got an apt.

23. Then we had our first apt. in Omaha, NE.

24. After he got a job in Lincoln, we moved to an very nice apt. in Lincoln, NE.

25. Roger then died 2 years after we met and I moved back with my mom, but she was now living in a condo in Costa Mesa, CA.

26. I then decided to go to Australia, where I first stayed with a lady far inland.

27. I then lived with a friend for a bit.

27. After that I rented a room from an older gentleman by a beach.

28. Then I rented another room from a guy in a different superb.

29. I left Australia to then go back to Cali and road trip with my mom out to Kansas City where I stayed with a friend for a bit in her old apt.

30. I then helped her move into her new apt. where I stayed with her for a month.

31. Then I met my current husband and we married and I moved in with him, which is where I am now.

32. I forgot some.... I went to India when I was 14 and lived with some Christian missionaries there for a week.

33. When I was 16 I went to Taiwan and stayed with a family from the church there for two weeks.

34. When I was 22 I went back to Taiwan and stayed with another family from the same church there, Banner Church, again for two weeks.


35......my next move will be Texas, possibly San Antonio or Midland....the question is only when. :)

and then maybe Colorado....I have always wanted to live there. Of all the states, I think Colorado is the prettiest. :)


So I have lived in California, Iowa, Nebraska, Hawaii, Mexico, Alaska kind of, Australia, India and Taiwan.

I also camped out in Estes Park, Colorado for a week with some friends.  And we camped out at the bottom of the Grand Canyon the year before that for a week, under the stars.  It was a pretty awesome trip for sure.

I have also stayed in hotels in Vegas and CO.  I stayed with my uncle in San Diego a few times.  I stayed at a church with some class mates in Ashland, Oregon for a Shakespeare Festival when I was 21. 

I stayed in Forest Home with my youth group twice in the winter and went snow boarding there.  My family camped several times in Big Bear when I was a little kid and we went fishing, boating etc. :)

Two spring breaks in a row I went down to Mexicali, Mexico with my youth group and lived in "tent city" there for a week while we did VBS at local churches. 

Pretty cool :) God has taken me on many adventures. :) Praise God. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment