Monday, September 2, 2013

Dreams

I had the strangest dream last night. 

I was in a house with a bunch of old friends and a crazy storm blew in.  We knew it was going to hit and that's why I had everyone I cared about there with me.  It was unbelievably windy outside, so much so that we thought it might blow the house over. 

I had taped a shower curtain to the window to keep the wind from blowing in and kept taping over parts that the wind was opening. 

Then I looked outside and it was snowing and snowing like crazy.  Several feet of snow were pilling up. 

I saw people scavenging around outside and I was afraid they would try and break in and steal all our food.

Then it was raining like crazy and pouring and flooding.

I went outside to yell at God lol  I asked him, "Why are you letting it rain so much?!"

Then the earth split and half of the earth started to form into a huge wave of dirt.  It started rolling faster and faster.

Then all of a sudden I was in China. 

What had happened was all of the riches of the United States had been rained down supernaturally on China.  Money from the U.S. had gathered in the tsunami wave of dirt and God sent it to China. 

I was talking to some American people who had been in China for awhile that seemed to be in charge.  I told them all the toys and gifts that were raining down were from the United States.  It was like blankets of toys were descending all over China; like God had plundered the United States and given everything to China.

I had some kids with me that I had rescued out of America; about 20 kids under the age of 10.  I asked the women if there was a church nearby that I could take them to just for a little while.  They said yes Banner church was just down the street.  And I was happy since I had served in this church.  I knew they would give us shelter and food. 

And that was how the dream ended. 

So what does my dream mean? 

I can think of many different meaning for it.  It could represent the seasons of my life.  Since I blogged about my dad last night, I suppose that made me think of them. 

Season one was full of wind and craziness; me always trying to protect myself from the crazy wind of my dad and being confused and scared.  It was always me worrying that someone was going to attack me or hurt me.  I was always fearful.  I have had several dreams that a man was chasing me and wanted to hurt me.  Those dreams I knew were always about my dad. 

Season two was the long winter.  The snow could represent the long time after my dad when my spirit seemed to freeze over.  I was lonely.  I seemed to not be able to feel much.  I pushed people away.  I didn't trust people.

Then the rain could be God bringing new life, melting the snow, and the onset of spring.  But why did the rain seem like too much?  Perhaps the rain represented the times I would cry for hours in counseling offices.  The rain was my tears, which were an extreme amount, over the pain of my past. 

Then the earth split.  This could be God doing a new thing in me.  In my dream it was scary and sometimes what God does in us is scary.  Perhaps he will bless my husband and I with money from a good job here in America and we will then go to China someday.  I have always been fascinated by Asian culture and have always wanted to be more a part of it.  I always thought, "If any culture has life and family and respect mastered it's the Asian culture."  My room mate in college was going to be a missionary to China but that never panned out.  Maybe God is calling me and my husband to China.  It also might be where we would be most safe if the end is near and God does destroy America like I believe Rev. 18 is about. 

Who knows.  The second interpretation of my dream is that God is finally judging America for all our sins.  I think the movie last night made me think of just how incredibly corrupt America has become.  God WILL judge us.  It's just a matter of time.  I think he will destroy us like Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed.  When is the only question. 

But perhaps my dream also was to show me that when the end hits and God does pour out His wrath on the earth, he will be able to supernaturally teleport me to China and rescue me from any harm.  Rev. keeps saying a third of the earth will be affected by all the plagues.  So maybe God will transport me to the safe part of the earth before it's too late.  :)

1 Peter 4, "Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you; 13 but rejoice to the extent that you partake of Christ’s sufferings, that when His glory is revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy."

2 Peter 2:9 "The Lord knows how to deliver the godly out of temptations and to reserve the unjust under punishment for the day of judgment."  Amen! 

I do not believe in a pre-trib rapture.  But I do believe God will move us, his church, to safety somewhere on the earth first.  I agree that He does not want his children to face his wrath.  But the rapture will happen at the last trumpet, two thirds of the way through Revelation.  1 Cor. 15:51 "Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the LAST trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed."

May God bless you in all you do and cause his face to shine upon you and give you peace! :)  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment