Sunday, September 22, 2013

Unhealed Wounds

John Mayer's song Daughters is really good on the topic of unhealed wounds from our past affecting us now....

"I know a girl
 She puts the color inside of my world (awe....)
 But she's just like a maze
 Where all of the walls all continually change (haha yep)
 And I've done all I can
 To stand on her steps with my heart in my hands  :( how sad
 Now I'm starting to see
 Maybe it's got nothing to do with me....


So fathers, be good to your daughters
 Daughters will love like you do...."


Meaning it wasn't necessarily something He was doing wrong with this girl he loved, she just had unhealed wounds from her dad and her past.  The second verse says her dad left her when she was little. :(  And that's why he wrote that song awe....how cute huh :) 

And how true is it that some things we just don't get over easily.  Some baggage we carry around for a loooong time.  But God sends people into our lives to help us get rid of that baggage little by little, and to help us learn to trust and love again.  :)

Praise God for His people! :)  Amen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment