Friday, September 6, 2013

Great People

I met two amazing people tonight at Mid-Cities church. I'm gonna start helping with the kids, prob the infants and 4th and 5th graders. 
 
I met a girl in 5th grade tonight named Arriana.   I asked her what she wants to be when she grows up. She said a missionary. But get this, she said God audibly spoke to her and told her she was going to be a missionary. 
 
She is literally only the third person I have known to directly hear God's voice. Such a cool kid! 
 
And she's planning to go to Africa. So glad I got to meet her and hopefully I get to work with her! 
 
And a girl my age was very inspiring. She used to be the missions pastor at the church. So cool. :)   Great people at Mid-Cities for sure.
 
I have been meeting tons of great people and it's so fun doing all these activities at churches near me.
 
There are a few I'm getting involved in.  I love Crossroads church but I also go to Mid-Cities. :)
 
I'm doing the Free Indeed class at Mid-Cities.  The last weekend is supposed to be miraculous when things are prayed out of us.  Like Christians can't be possessed but I guess we can have different spirits that oppress us etc.  I know I have a spirit of fear in some situations and various other spirits that the book Born to be Free talks about. 
 
I'm also doing the Celebrate Recovery class at Crossroads, which has been great! :)
 
I will start doing a women's bible study on Tuesdays at Mid-Cities studying "The Purple Book."  I'm really getting a lot out of that book so far.  It's great the way it's set up and all the verses it has you look up.  I'm learning new things, isn't that amazing lol.  I tend to think since I've been going to church for 28 years I know everything and I have the whole Bible memorized but no I don't. :) 
 
And there might be a study Fridays I could do but I'm not sure yet.  Maybe three classes is good enough for now.  But may God lead me in everything.
 
If you're not in groups at your church jump in and get involved.  It's awkward at first for sure but so worth it getting the fellowship and edification from being with other Christians etc. 
 
May God bless you!  Grace and peace to you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment