Friday, September 6, 2013

The New Person

I was thinking how funny it is that I have been the new person in a new city 9 times before.  A woman I met at church said she would never do something like that, move to a town where she didn't know anyone.  It has been interesting to adjust each time for sure. :)

I grew up in Santa Ana, CA till I was 6. 

Then after the thing with my dad we moved to Upland, CA and I was there till I was 9.  So I was the new kid in that school. 

Then at 9 we moved to Blair, NE so I was very much the new kid there for a long time and felt new. :)  It took me a long time to adjust to the difference between CA and NE.

Then at 14 my mom and I moved back to CA to Tustin, CA.  So I was the new kid again.  Lots of learning to meet new people for sure over my lifetime.

Then college; I knew my room mate but that was about it.  Later I was thinking why didn't I go to OCC or Cal State Fullerton where half my graduating class went but I wanted to go to a Christian college.  That took a lot of adjusting being in a private school after doing just public schools my whole life. 

Then at 25 I moved to Omaha, NE with my brother and knew no one but him.  That was kind of hard at first. 

Then at 27 I moved to Lincoln, NE and again knew very few people, but I made friends quickly. 

Then at 28 I moved back to CA and met lots of new people at my mom's Bible studies at church. 

Then I went to Sydney, Australia for a couple months and knew only one person going there.  That was an adventure for sure. 

Then Kansas City where I just knew my friend Gabby at first.  But we were went to a Bible study pretty much every night so I got to meet a lot of cool people. :)

And now I'm here in Odessa, TX, where I just knew my husband at first and now have gotten to know lots of people.  I seem to be putting down roots here more quickly then any of the other times I was a new person, so that is great!  God is good. :) 

And may He bring more and more people into my life that I can minister to and that can support me in my adventure of having my first child.  yay.....

Moving so much has been hard, but God has always provided new friends.  Praise God. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment