Monday, September 16, 2013

The Light Has Come

This song greatly speaks to me :)  Check it out. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYCSbDhOZEM
"The Light Will Come"
-by Phil Wickham


To the one with the wounded heart
The years of fighting have left you scarred
Wait, the light will come

To the one with distant eyes
All this crying has left you dry
Wait, the light will come
Wait, the light will come

Lift your eyes, the sun has overcome the night
Come alive as we shine in love's true light

Here is laughter beyond the tears
Here is courage to face your fears
Look, the light has come

So rise, you daughters, and stand, you sons
Claim the victory that Jesus won
Look, the Light has come
 
 
This song is very applicable to me and my life.  When I was a kid I certainly had a wounded heart given what happened to me; it made my life much harder.  I had to fight the lies of Satan more, about myself, about others, about God.  I had to learn to become stronger.  But I knew there was a light, that there was hope, thanks to being raised in church. 
 
I have certainly done my share of crying too, over losses, over hurts etc.  When someone close to me died I thought my life was over, but God has brought my life full circle.  The light did come.  God has turned my mourning into dancing and my sorrow into joy.  He has given me back and blessed me with even more than he took away.  Praise God. :)
 
I love that phrase "the sun has overcome the night."  It truly did and has.  "Though sorrow may last for the night, joy comes in the morning."  Though I went through, and you may be going through, a hard time, the sun will come and break through the darkness of the night.  "This too shall pass." 
 
You can have laughter after and beyond the tears.  You can have courage again, even though the punches of life have left you more fearful.  We can "do all things through Christ" who strengthens us!  Amen? :) 
 
So rise and stand tall and claim the victory of being a son or daughter of God in Jesus.  Jesus brings healing to our souls and wholeness again.  We may get knocked down once, twice or a dozen times in life, but we can always get back up. 
 
I love the line in Batman when the butler asks Bruce, "Why do we fall master Bruce?"  And he says, "So we can learn to pick ourselves back up."  Amen. :)  The more times life knocks you down, the more times you learn how to pick yourself back up, and the stronger you become.

No comments:

Post a Comment