Sunday, February 15, 2015

Movies and Addictions

I did something revolutionary today lol I watched movies by myself.  Well, with Serenity, but I never do that.  And not just one but three.  I guess figured it's a holiday so why not.  I watched "Let's Be Cops," which I actually recommend.  It wasn't as crude as I expected.  There are a few parts you might want to fast forward but overall it was very funny. :) And then "Girl Most Likely To."  That was a very good and cute movie. :)  And I watched "Thanks for Sharing."  That one was about a group of men in a support group for sexual addiction.  It was very eye opening for sure.  If you do watch it, you might want to skip over a few parts.  That movie inspired me to read up a bunch on addictive behaviors.  The main thing I learned is that addicts have a very hard time with anxiety and coping with stress.  Addicts are not able to self-soothe very well, so they turn to their substance or activity etc. to soothe themselves.  I have always used listening to music and writing as my self-soothing coping skill.  So the trick I think is to find healthy coping skills and a variety of them, so you don't depend on one coping skill too much, because then that coping skill can become an addiction lol.  Exercise seems harmless but it can even become an addiction.  Any good thing in excess can turn into an addiction.  If you feel like you absolutely have to do something, you are probably addicted.  May God help all addicts to become free of their addictions and may God break any chains that are holding people to addictions.  In Jesus' name amen! :) woot

No comments:

Post a Comment