Saturday, February 7, 2015

Personality Conflicts

I wrote this for all my new wikiHow peeps.  Hopefully it helps things. :)

.........Regarding wikiHow, it has occurred to me that the main issues arise on here due to personality conflicts, as in most areas of life. Certain personalities like to do things certain ways and they have a hard time understanding other personalities. For example, beavers are nothing like otters. Beavers make good editors, otters make good writers. Both are needed, but they are night and day different. If an otter tries to be a beaver, they will just be miserable. So all the beavers on here need to let this lion/otter just be a lion/otter. lol. :) This is a very interesting personality test. "Know Thyself" so take the test and see who you are and learn about what other people are life. It will greatly benefit you in any interpersonal interactions the rest of your life. It's good to realize that not everyone is like you, whoever you are reading this. http://thaoski.com/2013/04/02/5-minute-personality-test-lion-beaver-otter-golden-retriever/.......

Me being primarily at otter, I always seem to clash with Beavers for some reason.  My step-dad is a beaver and we have never gotten along much.  Not that we fight, we just have nothing in common.  We never have anything to talk about.  It's like um.....so yeah.  He likes sci-fi and I like comedies.  He likes to read and I like to write.  He has had the same clothes for about 10 years and I like to buy new clothes every month lol.  Not a lot, just some. :) He thinks things are funny that I don't.  He is very serious; I am very carefree.  Etc.  He likes to keep to himself; I like to go out and do things with people.  

My mom and I kind of have the same differences, except that she likes shopping and going to Bible studies too. :)  She is a bit more social than my step-dad, but still more reserved and introverted than me. 

My brother and I have a lot more similar qualities. :)  We both love comedies, or anything funny.  We both are into natural cures for things.  We both like to be individuals and think for ourselves.  But we also both like to be popular and have lots of friends.  We both like to have influence over others.  I do through writing; he does through talking to people.  We both are somewhat into fashion and looking good.  We pretty much think the same things are funny.  And neither of us are very serious.  Well, Nate has gotten more serious with age, but we both used to be pretty goofy. :) 

Most of my friends though have been the more reserved type, I guess because opposites attract.  I like to lead so I always pick people to befriend people that are ok with following most of the time. lol  Of course eventually I think they come to resent that and they think it's all about me.  But if I come across another leader, it's usually no fun. :(  Two people can't lead at the same time.  Sometimes I do have a hard time submitting and being told what to do, which maybe I need to work on. 

My otter personality is why I have always loved, loved working with kids, because most kids are pretty much otters.  Yes the otter personality tends to be very kid-like. :) 

But then again you can tell distinct differences in personalities even in children.  Around 6 months they start to all become different and unique; it's very interesting to see if you ever have the chance to work with a group of babies. :)


Anyways, personalities are always very interesting to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment