Sunday, June 4, 2017

My Missions Trips



I went to Calcutta, India when I was 14 with my church and YWAM. We were the first YWAM team to go to India so they made a movie of our trip. I still haven't seen the movie though lol can't seem to find it. :(

I did magic tricks in local Christian churches there that had a religious story to them. It was really exciting to see how happy people were that we had come. :)

Overall that trip taught me to be a hundred times more grateful for all that we have here is the U.S. Everyone should travel to a third world area at some point to see how lucky we are here, and very blessed. Praise God. :)

Then at 16 I went to Taiwan. It actually looked somewhat similar to India as far as how close together shops are. Australia is actually set up the same way too. I went there just for fun 5 years ago. All of a city over there is like one big strip mall. ;)

Both Taiwan and India were very hot and humid. Both had somewhat crazy traffic lol. We went in temples in both and the local shopping areas, which was fun.

I was talking with my boss today, who is from India, about religion. He was asking if the Christian religion answers why some people are born poor. I teared up a bit. That has always been a huge question for me really. I don't get or know why God allows some people to suffer in poverty so much. It is very sad.

I saw tons of poverty on my missions trips to Mexico too. I suppose I have gone down to various cities in Mexico about 8 times. It is always heart breaking to see the houses some people have to live in. And the strangest thing about Mexico is that really nice houses are mixed in with sad, small ones. :(

And I have seen very sad poverty in countries we went to on cruises; Haiti, Jamaica, and the Bahamas.  It was always very heart breaking.

My only explanation on why God allows poverty is that if someone endures hardship in this life but still does a good job at loving others, then they will have great rewards in heaven. And one's perspective is always key. To be rich isn't always better. It means kids see their parents less because they are working all the time, which is sad. Money is not what makes life great, love is. Money helps, but love should be all of our number one goal in life. Amen? Amen.

And hopefully someday I will be able to make it back to India for another missions trip, and maybe Russia. That would be cool. :)

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment