Saturday, September 7, 2024

Cages

 Marriage is a cage 

It should pay a wage 

You don't want to get stuck in there 

But you are in love, you swear

Those inside the cage want to get out

Often times they even pout

"Oh to be free, how I really miss that" 

Even though every date was with a rat 

But those outside the cage want to get in

They even hook up and very often sin

Until they get back in that cage 

But then often they feel that rage 

"Why am I stuck in this cage? 

I used to be free as a bird

Flying all over, now I smell turds

Where did my freedom go?"

Your angst often shows 

That you are not happy in the cage 

So get out, or stay in and feel the rage

Or find a new cage

You decide, turn the page

1 comment:

  1. I like this one. I was just journaling about this. All I want is independence but everytime I try to take steps in that direction something stops me and it's usually myself

    ReplyDelete