Tuesday, February 5, 2013

FACETS OF GOD



I believe weather reflects the many facets of God.

I most see God in a lightning storm;

The angry and fast flashes of light from heaven,

But is He not also in a cool, calm breeze?

God spoke to Job out of a storm.

But with Moses He was in the calm breeze.

Man is made in God’s image.

Man has many emotions.

God also has many “emotions.”

He displayed His anger many times in the O.T.

But when He sent His son to die for us, He displayed His overwhelming love.

The cyclone/tornado/tsunami/hurricane can reflect God’s emotions of anger.

Sin makes God angry.  A child being hurt makes God angry.

A cool spring day reflects God’s peace and love.

God is both love and justice.

He is not all love, nor is He all justice. 

God has many facets,

None of which we will ever fully understand.

God is very complex, an enigma.

God says, “My ways are higher than your ways,

And my thoughts are higher than your thoughts.”

He is, and will remain, a profound mystery,

Until we see Him on that day,

When He will say, hopefully,

“Well done, my good and faithful servant.”

What will He say to you, I wonder? 

No comments:

Post a Comment