Monday, May 30, 2022

Fast

 I used to not eat after 7pm. Now my sweetie brings me a burger or chicken sandwich every night around 11pm and we eat our dinner then. I have decided to fast some days from noon to 8. Pray for me. 😊 This will be partly to loose weight, but also so I will not love food too much. Asceticism can be beneficial to your soul. Kill the flesh. Learn self-control. Kill your cravings. 

It is beneficial to never worship food. The fall of man was caused by eating to symbolize that your stomach can cause you to fall. You can be devoted to food more then your spouse. You can begin to love food more then God. It can easily become an idol and your focus can become food and nothing else. It is nice to never go hungry but in over feeding your body you might starve your soul. That sounds overly dramatic but we tend to forget God the more that we have. The more stuff we have, the more food we consume, the easier it is to forget about God. When things are too comfortable and too easy we forget about God. We forget to die to the self, pick up our cross daily and follow Him. Our Messiah. Our true Lord. 

Don't bow down to chocolate. 😂 Bow down to God. I am laughing a lot regarding that because I probably have worshipped chocolate for a long time now. God help us all with our over indulging in chocolate. Forgive us. We know not what we do. 

Try fasting for 8 hours a few days a week. Forget about food and focus on God. You can do it. Good luck. 😀


No comments:

Post a Comment