Monday, January 4, 2016

On Being Radical for God


I'm trying to do a day fast and fasting is somewhat painful; my stomach hurts, but it's not nearly as painful as food poisoning. I literally got food poisoning 5 times in the last month. Once from pizza, twice from some mayo, once from Chinese food and this morning from cereal, which was so odd. I'm sure it's all just Satan trying to stop me in regards to my Jesus packet thing but it's not gonna work woot! Can't stop me Satan. My favorite song for Satan is "can't touch this." Lol

But yeah when we do more for God, Satan comes against us more but oh well.  It doesn't mean we shouldn't be radical and do more for God just because it makes Satan mad.

I had a revelation of sorts a few days ago, that maybe one reason more Christians aren't more radical for God is because they are more afraid of Satan than they are of God. If God gets mad at us we might rationalize that it won't be that bad because he is gracious, but if Satan is mad at us and hates us who knows what could happen right?

It is quite ironic that right after I made and distributed about 1,000 packets last Christmas, and I was on the news about it, literally right after that we were tormented with some odd bug situation for the next 9 months. Why did God let Satan attack us like that? I have no idea, but it royally sucked. I told my hubby if I was suicidal the bug thing could have pushed me over the edge for sure. People have killed themselves over situations like that, when you can't sleep because something is literally biting you about every few seconds. It drove me crazy. I had to wash sheets constantly and mop and vacuum tons. But God knows how much we can handle. I don't know why he lets us suffer sometimes but he does.

Suffering can perfect our character and make us more humble. Maybe God didn't want me to get a big head about all I was doing for him and so he allowed the bugs to torment me. Who knows, but praise God that season has passed finally. Thank God for the winter. :)

But think about that, do you fear Satan more than God and that's why you aren't more radical for God? Maybe you are radical for God, but very few are and I have always wondered why so few are.

But may God give you the courage to be radical for him this week.  Amen! God bless! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment