Monday, December 4, 2023

My Sweet Jesus

Jesus, my Savior

I found you at age 14

You invaded my lost heart with your bright light

You took over my mind

Then all I wanted to do was serve you

Tell the world about you

Go to the ends of the earth for you

Then that fire sadly became dim

Ironically due to my Christian college

So many cold hearts there

So much hypocrisy there 

I wandered between the world and you for many years

Finally at the Pentecostal church I found you again

I fell in love with you again

My husband thought I was cheating

But it was just a rekindled love for my sweet Jesus

For 5 years now it's been mainly me and you

Soldiering through this crazy world together

I will never leave you again

My sweet Jesus

Keep me at your side forever

I wouldn't wish to be anywhere else

But by your side 


No comments:

Post a Comment