Monday, December 18, 2023

The Perfect Day

 This is probably the most emotional movie you will ever see. Check it out. It's free on YouTube. It really makes you think. Do you want money or time with your family more? "The Love of money is the root of all evil." If you chase money too much, you might lose all that you already have. I had wanted to be a teacher so my ex and I could pay off our house in half the time, but then I lost it all. I was setting my goals on the wrong thing. I just wanted to pay the house off, but was that the best thing for me to pursue? Probably not. Then I lost the house, my ex and my kids. All because I decided to love money too much just by wanting it too much. 

My dream lately has been to have a book I write go famous. I feel like God tells me I wouldn't be able to handle the publicity and pressure of fame and fortune. That movie made me realize why. The guy had a book become number one but then he had to travel non-stop. He lost touch with his family. It was like he became owned by the publishing company. He became their slave. Having a book go viral might not be the best thing after all. 

I grew up wanting to be the next Mariah Carey, but then I realized the fame and money corrupted all the music stars. I realized I didn't want to go that route in my life. Ed Sheeran started off pure and wholesome and then who knows what happened to him. Very sad. 

My grandma had the same epiphany. She went to UCLA hoping to become a movie star. She saw how corrupt the movie industry was and decided it was not for her. She went back to Texas and met my grandpa and they were married for 60 years. Pretty amazing. What was success for her? If she had become a movie star or staying married for 60 years? I say staying married for 60 years was the greatest success she could have found. 

You may think you want something, but if you get it, it might not be what you wanted. The grass is always greener on the other side. Money is transitory. The only thing that will hopefully last forever is your family. Make sure you always make them your priority. 

No comments:

Post a Comment