Friday, May 19, 2017

John 14:12 Greater Works

What did Jesus mean by "greater works" than he did we will do? How could that be possible?

Well verse 10 in john 14 defines what the works are in verse 12, "10 The WORDS that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the WORKS...
12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the WORKS that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do."

So the works that Jesus is referring to are "the words" that he spoke. :) Not the miracles but the words. That seems clear to me when reading it in context. If it doesn't seem clear to you pray about it. :) But I think that takes a lot of pressure off, because if we think it refers to miracles, we will all feel less than if we aren't doing miracles like Jesus did. But only some Christians are meant to have gifts of healing and miracles according to 1 Cor. 12. But we are ALL supposed to speak the words like Jesus spoke, about faith and God's kingdom. Those are the works he was talking about. We are ALL supposed to preach the gospel and try to save as many as we can, just like Jesus did. The greater works might be reaching greater numbers then Jesus did, thanks to now having social media and blogger and writing books etc. So go preach like Jesus did! In some way or form, because that is what he promised we would all be able to do when we believe in him.  The Holy Spirit gives us all believers the power to speak like he did. Praise God!  Amen! May God bless you, as you go speak like Jesus did!

No comments:

Post a Comment