Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Journey Into the Miraculous

Chapter 4 through 7 in the Todd Bentley book "Journey into the Miraculous" has to be the most tripped out stuff I have ever read. He said even just him walking into a room made his wife "fall under the presence" and her friend said his face was glowing. What?! Like Moses. It seems to me he makes up a LOT of his stories, based on Bible stories. He says he had a couple demonic deliverances AFTER he was saved and makes them sound like a horror movie. I was and am pretty sure a Christian can't have an evil spirit in them. Like not to the point where you are "writhing on the floor like a snake" as he describes. Pretty crazy and weird stuff. I wrote about 10 question marks in my book next to various paragraphs. He describes a filling with the Holy Spirit much like a scene in a horror movie of a demon possessing someone. Reading all that was like the craziest literary roller coaster I've ever been on. I think he made up the wild stories to increase book sales. That's my overall thought on the book. And it seems like a red flag to me that his wife's parents, best friend and pastor felt she was involved in a cult in going to a Toronto Blessing thing. And also it's very sad to read about how in love he was with his wife and first child but then later he cheated and divorced her. Ah what a crazy life, from start to now. So crazy I think. Yes maybe he heals people, but I'm back to thinking maybe more by Satan's power. He says he read the Bible when he first got saved but doesn't mention any time of reading it after that, just that he would lay on the floor for like 10 hours, even when he had a new baby in the house he should have helped with. And he keeps saying he didn't desire to work much. No wonder his wife didn't want to marry him much at first! I can't believe she did marry him when he didn't have a job! Such a tripped out story really, just all of it.

A comment from a friend: "Wow I just had a weird thought: what if the words they are saying in tongues are actually witchcraft spells or incantations."

To which I said, "Yes that's why all this stuff can be so scary and dangerous. That's why Paul said in the Bible that tongues HAVE to be interpreted." Amen

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment