Friday, May 19, 2017

Reading Jesus' Words



I have a project that I actually haven't done before. I started it awhile ago but did a lot more today. I'm reading all the red letters in the gospels, so all the things Jesus said. I read all of John today and half of Luke. Gold star for me lol.

Anyone else ever noticed how much Jesus repeats himself in John, or how much John wrote the same things over and over that Jesus said? I suppose it was just to make it very clear that Jesus said a lot that he came from God the father. But I wonder why John repeated that so much and didn't put more other words of Jesus in his book? Hm...

And I felt myself feeling very sorry for Jesus because he was submitting to the Father's will but he really didn't want to die on the cross but he knew he had to. Poor Jesus :(  I also find it interesting how Jesus seemed to want the Pharisees to not see that he was from God. I suppose that's similar to how God hardened Pharaoh's heart but he also hardened his own. Jesus already knew the Pharisee's had hard hearts and he essentially made them harder by insulting them a lot and saying exactly what he knew would make them pissed off lol. Jesus was very confrontational that's for sure.

People always think of Jesus as a teddy bear but he certainly had a feisty side to him. 😀 It all goes along with the verse "God resists the proud." The Pharisees were very proud for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment