Thursday, May 18, 2017

Overly Dependent Christianity



What bothers me the most about the Charismatic Movement is that people rely WAY too much on a teacher to bring in the presence of God for them. So they go listen to a speaker because they think that only there, in the room with that person, can God's presence really be felt.  But I would ask, why can't they experience God's presence on their own? I do. All the time. I feel 24/7 that God is right next to me talking to me, correcting me, inspiring me etc. I don't get why others don't feel that all the time. I don't get why some think they need someone to bring God's presence in, because if we are saved, we should always know God is with us all the time. Amen! We should always be aware of and feel God's presence with us 24/7. We should not need to go to some special place to feel that. We are the temple of the Holy Spirit. He is always with us and in us amen!

That's what bugs me the most is when people rely on other people or a teacher to help them "feel God." But then they are giving those other people all the power of their faith. We all need to learn to feel God on our own so we don't depend on anyone to give us that. Cuz if we need, for example, a false teacher to feel the supposed presence of God, which it might not be if they are false, then we will believe everything they say just because they gave us that experience with God, or who we thought was God. And that is a very scary place to be in, to depend on others for you to feel God or see God. So beware of that, big time. Don't rely on anyone else for your faith. Your faith is between you and God. If you feel lukewarm you need to fix that for yourself by witnessing more or reading the word more. Don't rely on another to fan the flame 🔥 of your faith. That is your responsibility. Amen. God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment