Friday, November 15, 2019

Changing the World

"If it makes you happy it can't be that bad" right? Actually yes it can be.  There are tons of things that make us happy that can be bad, like smoking and drinking and shopping or eating too much for example.

Even in our desire to change the world, as I think all of us have, we can go about it the wrong way.

I seem to have an obsessive need to help as many people I can.  That's why I write so much on my blog and on twitter.  That was the root cause of the issues with my former boss.  It wasn't lust so much as I want to help and teach as many people as I can.  But the majority of people don't want to be taught.  That's when you have to let go and let God.  And then all you can is pray for them. ;)

Jesus taught in parables so that those who didn't really care to learn anything wouldn't, and those who really wanted to learn would.  They were like riddles for people to figure out.  God doesn't want the simple minded or the selfish or the weak.  God only wants those who want to be wise and strong.

Jesus said "to those who overcome to the End I will give the crown of life."  If you can't overcome, God doesn't want you.  That's literally and actually the hard truth.

If you turn and run and give up when you face persecution, God doesn't want you.  If you dig a hole and hide the rest of your life because you can't take the pressure of being a Christian, God doesn't want you. Only the strong survive as a Christian. If you aren't strong, you won't be a Christian for very long.

The weakest people are not the Christians but rather the non-Christians.

Jesus said "Go into All the world and make disciples of all nations."  If you aren't actively trying to do that, can you really say you are Christian?

I've always had a Great desire to make my mark on the world and to affect as many people as I can.  I think that's why God has had me move around so much and have as many jobs as I've had, so I can be around the greatest number of people and make disciples of as many people as I can. :)

If you get fired from a job, consider that maybe God wants to bring you into a wider and bigger place around more people.

All of life is a journey.  We have never arrived at our destination until we get to heaven. God likes to change things in our lives often so that we never stop growing and getting stronger.  No one grows when they stay in one place or around the same people for too long.  We grow the most when there is lots of change in our lives.

And the stronger and wiser we are, the more we are capable of changing the world, for Jesus. :) That is why God lets us go through Many trials at times.  His goal is not our comfort but rather that we make disciples of as many people as we can.

May God bless you all!  Now go make some disciples! :)









No comments:

Post a Comment