Sunday, November 24, 2019

Don't Covet and Be Grateful

This week is Thanksgiving week so I'll write about being thankful for what you have and not coveting what you don't have.  There is a great song by Rihanna called "Live Your Life."  At the beginning a guy says, "Stop thinking about what you aint got and be thankful for the life you do have."  Amen to that!  I think it is human nature to always look at the One thing you can't have or don't have and want it.  Like Adam and Eve in the garden were told they could eat from any tree but one, and what did Eve do?  She decided she wanted to eat from the One tree she couldn't.  Of course that was partly thanks to Satan tempting her, but it's also interesting that she wasn't satisfied enough with ALL the trees she could eat from.  She wanted to eat from the One she wasn't supposed to.

Aren't we the same way?  We maybe aren't supposed to buy so many things but we do anyway.  We might be trying to watch our weight and pledge to ourselves to avoid junk food but then we eat it anyways.  We might be trying to quit smoking or drinking but then we do it anyway.  Sometimes the more we try to avoid something the more we want it.  Even when we know certain things are bad for us, we do them anyways.  Like I have been smoking for the past 4 months since my girls went away from me to help me deal with the sadness of it all.  But I think I'm finally to a point where I don't need to smoke, praise God.  I have moved on, for the most part, and am happy now for the new life I have as an independent woman again. Also God has given me enough wisdom to realize I am much, much happier when I don't smoke.  There is only one reason to smoke really, to silence my emotions, and about 100 reasons to not smoke.  So why do it?  God give me more and more wisdom in this, and for anyone reading this, if you have an addiction you want to overcome.  :)

I pray often that God will make me the wisest person alive today.  I know that's a lot to ask for but hey if you have faith as small as a mustard seed you can move mountains right? :) I certainly am leanring a ton due to all the crazy circumstances I've been through in my life.  I think now God is putting me around some of the wisest people now I've ever known in order to increase my wisdom, so praise God for all my new smart friends. :)

But be careful about coveting and wanting things you don't have or can't have.  Be happy with the things you Do have.  The more thankful you are for what you already have, the happier you will be.  Try to not covet things that are not yours.  Maybe they are not yours for a Reason.  Maybe you think you want it or them, but then if you were to get it/them, you wouldn't be all that happy with it, whatever It is for you. ;)

Try to be grateful for what you already have.  You can do it! lol :)

May God bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment