Monday, November 11, 2019

Fasting is Fun :)

I am currently on day 8 of 10 days of intermittent fasting, that I felt God told me to do. :) Now I feel like God wants me to do this for the rest of my life lol.  I eat one snack a day and don't eat the rest of the day, except drinking coffee or other beverages. I am doing it to die to myself and to loose weight.  I looked it up, apparently fasting only makes you loose one pound a day.  I'm hoping it is more then that though. lol :)

When you are fasting and you are always hungry for food it reminds you of how Hungry you are for God. :)  I think we often forget this, and fasting remind us of our hunger for God.

Besides weight loss, the main spiritual reason I have found for fasting is when the disciples came to Jesus and asked him why they couldn't do a deliverance on someone and Jesus said, "This kind comes out Only by fasting and prayer."  So if you need deliverance, or you are praying for deliverance for someone you know, the only way it might happen is through fasting along with praying for them.

Fasting unlocks the door to greater supernatural victory.  Amen. Praise God!

"You have not because you ask not."  But maybe you also have not because you need to fast and pray about getting it. :)

Our greatest desire in life should be to bring glory to God, and to make ourselves less, to die to ourselves. Fasting helps with this.

And those are my main reasons for fasting.  I hope you will try it.  It's pretty easy for me because I have never enjoyed food much anyways.  Except bananas.  I love bananas, but that's about it. lol. I had my gall bladder out two years ago so any time I eat almost anything it hurts my stomach.  So I'm not missing food a whole lot anyways lol.

 It's amazing how little food we actually need also.  I think most of us think we need tons of food.  We think we will die if we don't eat like every half hour sometimes.  But you won't die.  You will be just fine. Your body could literally go 40 days without food. ;)

Sure it's not fun to have hunger pains all day, but I think it reminds me of the painful hunger I have for God, which we all do.  Most people are just in denial that they need God as much as they do.  They run to substances to numb their loneliness and pain, but God is the only cure for your pain inside, not drugs and not anything else.  God is all you need.  It's nice to have friends too. lol :) But God is supposed to be your main source for love, joy and peace.

Look to God, not people, not food and not substances to fill the void in your heart, which I know we all feel 24/7 because life is hard.  God put that emptiness in us for a reason, so that we would reach out to him. :)

May God bless all ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment